D.I.Y. Distressed Puple-Blue Ombre Shorts

I had a pair of jeans that is a Long Shorts that looks like you'd be struck by lightning if worn. It was too long to be a short shorts and too short to be a pants. I've worn this once and didn't redo it 'till now. This was the kind of shorts that was so not flattering you'd literally wanna make it as rag or worst burn it. It made me look like i had bigger thighs and made me look short  I didn't took its picture because when i do D.I.Y.'s it would be unplanned and out-of-the-blue much like my Lookbooks.  My Mom gave the shorts to me from her R.T.W.'s. She used to sell branded clothes that came from the factory with little damages *very much unnoticeable* at a very low low price. The perks of having a mom whom sells clothes was i get to have *guess what?* New Stuff!.

When i was a very little girl i loved having a lot of clothes options, I remember when mom scolded me because i was hiding an item in my closet that was for sale. There began my love for style, i'd always dream of a room full of Clothes and Shoes, "Just like a Mall!" i would say. Since then i started to get inspired with the new trends and tried to mimic the look, but never really got it, I was a kid, give me a break. Then, i asked my mom to buy me this and buy me that. I realized that the stylish clothes are the expensive ones. I would always envy the rich kids in nice, expensive garments on Christmas day where everyone would be dolled-up. I grew up realized that there so much more you can do with "Tiangge" Cheap Garments and "Ukay" Thrift Clothes. An endless style at a price you can't resist, i became a regular to Chinese Malls like 168 Mall, Tutuban Mall and of course Ukay-Ukay. I became aware that you didn't need to be rich to have style, You need to have an Eye to create style and very convincing haggling power.

I didn't know about D.I.Y.'s until this year, Sad right? and to think i love art and fashion. Forgive me. I have neglected my passion for those for quite awhile, that is why i am trying to get back up and be as expressive as i can be. Express myself through my lens and my threads. I came up with the Ombre shorts because i am loving the whole gradient colours and acid wash. I will try to think and look for more creative ways to modify clothes.



What to you need do:
  1. Fill the bucket with warm-hot water, a tbsp of laundry detergent and a handful of salt.
  2. Soak the shorts completely in the water. Ring out excess water and remove.
  3. Fill a measuring cup with 2 cups hot water and the whole package of Dye. Stir until completely dissolved.
  4. Pour in ¼ cup of the dye mixture into the bucket. Submerge half of the denim into the dye bath up to the point where you want the ombre fade to start. Let soak for 10 minutes. Ring out excess liquid and remove. Add another ¼ cup dye to the bath and submerge half of the shorts again, this time with a few less inches in the bucket. Soak 5 minutes. Ring out excess liquid and remove. Repeat 3 more times, adding ½ cup dye to the bath each time, and soaking for 5 minutes.
  5. Rinse your newly dyed shorts with cold water until it runs clear (excess dye has been removed). Let air-dry.
  6. To get the full “fade” effect and blend the visible lines dividing each color shade, I then hand-washed the jeans in cold water.
Tops: Studded Tee; Divisoria
Bottoms: D.I.Y. Distressed Purple-Blue Ombre Shorts; Freego
Shoes: Snakeskin Flats; Divisoria

This entry was posted on Monday, October 1, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “D.I.Y. Distressed Puple-Blue Ombre Shorts ”

  1. Hi!!!! Thanks so much for following my blog!! I'm glad you commented so that I could find your blog too because I think it's fabulous!! I'm so glad you like DIY and thrift store shopping too... i'm definitely following you back ;)

    keep up the awesome work!!! btw, love these dyed shortsss!!!!!!!!!

    -laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looked through your blog its interesting :) i followed you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea - the shorts look great! Thank you so much for the follow - I'm following back :) xx

    ReplyDelete