Tabula rasa

A day of farewell to a place i had been, a place of reality. I was in Makati to arrange a very important rendezvous. I wanted to arrange this before my class takes over all of my time. I left the building and looked at the time 10:00am. It was way too early for me to go home. By the way, no one knows i went here. I can't go home at a time where everyone thinks i was at school, "but where would i go?". 


Another Adventure with a trusty shoes.

 I'm technically broke. If i had money it'd be easy. I'd go to Manila, Tutuban, 168, Thrift Shop to my friends' place there were a lot of options if only i had cash. Unfortunately, i only had 200.00 bucks in my wallet. What a poor thing.*sigh*

A Rainy day. Path to home Nowhere.
Then, i thought why not do Street Photography? And so i did. At First i was really shy, My very scandalous camera kept on making noises while taking shots. Which made my models looked towards me which was not my intention. 

An Old Lady caught my eye, she was alone. It really was peculiar that she would be in a big busy city alone. Maybe, she has somewhere to go. I actually chased her to get a perfect shot, and oh my!, she was bothered and had a disturbed face on.

A man less of a care in the world.


This Man was walking on the road where i caught his photo. He couldn't care less if i was shoving a camera at his face. I did not hesitate to take his photo. He just walked.
In a Corporate World.
The lady in front of waiting station for Jeepneys. She was selling cigarettes and candies. I saw her texting and i thought she seemed nice. In a place of big hotshots, She was making a living from a small business all on her own. An Entrepreneur of another nature. When i took her picture she too had a disturbed look towards me then, looked away. It was mostly because of my scandalous camera noise.

Philippine National Railways
My mind still nowhere of a place to go. I saw P.N.R. and thought "I will go to Alabang!.". P.N.R. has too much diversity to pass up, too many inspiring story to tell. I hopped on at 10:15am, the schedule for the next train is at 10:35am. I had plenty of time to look around.


Walk and Walk then, Talk to myself. My way of seeking professional opinion.*haha*
I started to startle some people. but some stayed normal like no one was being obnoxious. I was thinking of approaching my subjects and ask them if it would be alright if i take photos out of  politeness. But, i thought it wouldn't look natural wouldn't it?
I wanted it to look Au Naturale.

Reality of a Better Life; Stop, Look, and Listen.
Stop to reflect, Look for your purpose, Listen to everyone but always Listen to God.

Muse of Youth.
I made a B&W street photography. I thought that using monochrome, bared the innate souls within each individual. A fresh look, seeking a dramatic and meaningful side of the subject. Beautiful, Simple and Bold.

It was like a bustling sight of people rushing to their destination.
I was curious on what they were thinking about me. I wanna know if they wanna know what i was doing. I think some of them were anxious. I didn't let the staring affect me. I just let them do their thing and try to look for beautiful inspiration to take picture. If i'd get a job as a paparazzi, i think i'd get fired. *haha*

A Champion of Wisdom, an inspiring sight.
I was in awe when i saw this Old Man, he was just there sitting straight. Looking at the window across him. Thinking deep? Maybe. I do not know, i will never know. I sensed an aura of mystery down to his glasses. I saw on his ear a cotton plug so i thought he wouldn't mind if i take a picture of him.

A dog gone day.
I hope they didn't think that i was some kind of a crazy person that would track them down, that would be just hilarious. The busy bees reminded me of  the Japanese on trains always on a phone and it really was spacious much like in the bullet trains.
T'was a day to day journey.


I've been thinking of a full Photography dedicated blog so i came up with this. I haven't gone out for awhile and this opportunity was a Blast!. I was really inspired with the Street Photography and i would do it again with a bigger camera. I just have to find a way to be more careful. 

Tabula rasa term in Latin equates to the English "blank slate" a word i learned when i was in Psychology 101. A word i could not forget, somehow it got to me. Maybe, i could relate myself a bit to a Blank slate because i knew that i still have a lot to learn. Or maybe because i am always hungry for knowledge. As a Blank slate we have to rely on everyday experience to fulfill the void in our consciousness. Street Photography relates to that slate that something existing in its original pristine state. No one has to act in a way to impress anyone because everyone is engaged in their own world. nothing new, just simple as it is.
 Less words and let the Photos speak for itself.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 2, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Tabula rasa”

  1. Thanks for the appreciation...i really am touched hehehe sure i will follow you :))

    ReplyDelete