Desensitization

Have you heard of Systematic Desensitization?

One glorious morning, Another getaway was planned with my beloved friends. To go to a breezy and soothing Paradiso. We just intended to chill out in a coffee shop, I also planned to shoot some photos for LB.nu and look for something refreshing in my eyes. Realizations hit me as i look past through a majestic sight of Taal Volcano. I am horrified with my emotions. My friend told me that straight to my face. I am emotionally unstable because of my calm-nature. Honestly, i am a Pacifist as I've observed, i don't like troubles, arguments and confrontation. Though, sometimes i get a little cranky like a living, breathing, walking time bomb. I know that i keep all of those emotion to myself, I've learnt how to keep it just to myself so that no one could ever read me. But, keeping those could be a burden like a big lump on your throat and all you want to do is shout and kick somebody's arse.
"Remember what you are after is to Learn." --Jeremiah King
This is how i keep myself from getting into extremes. I am frighten to lose myself over little, stupid and irrational behavior. But over little a year ago, i somehow thought that this burden is not healthy. Hence, this blog was born. I still keep a bit for myself, but, i put in all my opinion and heart into this little page on the internet.


"I'm just remembering one of the biggest lesson in my life, so that i won't lose control." --Jeremiah King

I've been afraid of what People and Life could do to me that's why i preserve all my thoughts and conserve those conscious mental reaction in my own little world. Phobia and Trust issues, are the reason why i'm such a scaredy-cat and my only way out is to Avoid.


Fight or Flight.
Specific phobias are often treated via Systematic Desensitization. When persons experience such phobias (for example fears of heights, dogs, snakes, closed spaces, etc.), they tend to avoid the feared stimuli; this avoidance, in turn, can temporarily reduce anxiety but is not necessarily an adaptive way of coping with it. In this regard, Avoidance behaviors can become reinforced -a concept defined by the tenets of operant conditioning. Being avoidant is not entirely Good nor Bad. In a way, it is something that we could turn to when we don't have a choice. Wrong turns on the other hand, could lead to Ostracism and Social isolation.

"You can't create a Perfect world, Izza." --Jeremiah King
I don't want to grow old full of regrets because i did not do anything to be risky. To live a full life is to make wrong decisions and learn from it to be successful.  No one can create a Perfect world.

I do not prefer to live in mediocrity, but, to what i've been used to is not so bad. I am in the process of change. To Face my Fears. 

I've recently had a conversation to my good friend Jeremiah. If Plato had Socrates, Mine was Jeremiah like my own tuition-free Philosophy Teacher. A rational, critical-thinking human, a good friend, and the worst when it comes to matters of bitterness. *haha* but, he's still a great friend.


"I get your point, but if you already know what will happen or how it is going to end, Why not take the chances?" --Jeremiah King
A photo taken on a busy highways of Tagaytay. We were so eager to make this Levitation and to take an exciting, exhilarating picture. It was really something, Facing danger on another level, To experience something you are not sure whether we would be hit by a car or hit by a bus. *haha* Thank you Hanna and Nikki, for giving into my whims.


"You can do whatever you want...on an empty canvas." --Jeremiah King.

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Desensitization”

  1. i love how you have evolved from this shy girl who's so concerned about what people think of her to someone who does things because she likes it.. thanks again for sticking up with me, lalabs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B! don't thank me. I should be thanking you for inspiring me :)Thank You :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Levitation photo! perfect! and I understand you girl. I admit it! I once wear your shoes but I've learned that life has to many to offer so i tried to be good to myself and aceept change. I could say I"m happy now for what I have become...less stress:)

    ReplyDelete